Trust and discretion are the foundation of our business. We work with some of the most highly-regulated firms in the world, operating in some of the most complex environments, for whom confidentiality is essential.
Our high rate of retention reflects the fact that we focus on building trusted relationships with a select group of clients, providing advice throughout their investment and commercial cycles.
Along with extensive expertise and experience, clients rely on us for our:
- Objectivity—we base our independent, unbiased assessments on a fixed fee, so have no financial or external stake in the outcome. Our only incentive is to provide an accurate assessment of all relevant factors that might affect a client’s decisions. Our sole aim is to provide the full, unvarnished picture.
- Judgement—our team’s market, sector and geographic expertise is as broad as it is deep. Our highly experienced equity partners deal directly with clients to define their brief and its precise requirements. They manage the whole process from start to finish, and ensure the results meet a client’s needs.
- Confidentiality—our partners, who’ve worked extensively on highly confidential and sensitive matters in Government and commerce, take privacy and discretion extremely seriously, just as our clients do.
- Risk-management—we comply with the letter and spirit of all UK and international legislation, have no political affiliations, and make no political donations. We provide our staff and experts with relevant compliance training, including anti-corruption. Rest assured, we’ll match the highest standards of compliance.
- Corporate Impact–Herminius contributes to the development of effective and ethical global trade and investment, by enabling our clients to confidently do business even in unfamiliar markets. Our work helps clients to identify trustworthy and reliable suppliers, partners, clients and investees, in support of Sustainable Development Goals 8.3, 9.3 and 10.2; and to avoid association with criminal or unethical behaviour, in support of Sustainable Development Goals 16.5, 16.6 and 16a. We conduct our work ethically, and partner with clients and other stakeholders to reduce the financial, social and environmental risks inherent in international business. We are currently going through the certification process to become a certified B Corporation.
- Environmental Responsibility–We aim to minimise our negative environmental impact, in particular through offsetting carbon emissions from our business activities and international travel.